Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Where has the time gone?

It's a little disconcerting to read '2007' on the calendar. It was surprising to realize I'd not posted anything here in my blog since early December! I relunctantly acknowledge a simple truth -- there is only so much a person can do in any one day.

What have I been doing that keeps me from this joy of writing? Designing and building a new home -- house, barn, and riding facilities. Frankly, it is very difficult for me to maintain some grace during this process when I wait too long between times spent riding and exploring communication with my horses. I was more or less accused of prefering to spend time with the horses more than anything else. That may well be true! Now if only I could release myself from feeling guilty about this!

So, in honor of what keeps me from the here and now with the horses, I will share a few photos of the Home Dream Coming True project. RNB thrives on building the dreams. I thrive on living the dream. We are learning from each other as we intend, and share our different perspectives and priorities, with understanding as the core to building intimacy and allowing individuality.

Most days we keep the vision alive. Some days we suffer in separation and self-protectedness. How I am in relationship with RNB is how I am in relationship with the horses. I develop gratitude for how quickly my defensiveness comes to the surface with RNB. It lurks there anyway inside me, and is more subtle and elusive for the most part when I'm with the horses.

Okay, here are some pictures of the dream coming true. I will go today and take more pictures. I think I miss spending time there like I miss spending time with the horses. It is so peaceful!



Fabric windows and light panels on long side of arena.




View of house through west door of arena.




Snow on rafters of house yet to be enclosed.




Hammerbeam construction.




View from the driveway before garage frame was added.




Sunset view from the future breakfast nook.

No comments: