Monday, September 28, 2009

Dreams

I am resurrecting this from last winter as I've had some remarkable dreams recently. I like this one because of the punning. Some of my more recent and remembered dreams, though lively and meaningful, have been emotional nightmares, helping to surface some old pain kept hidden and alive by my unconscious thoughts and behaviors. I'm sure this dream from last winter is in the same category however the pain didn't wash over me like it did the past couple of weeks.

My notes about that dream: "Can't play, the kids are going to Israel..."

After waking, I wondered why I dreamt that the kids are going to Israel. I said this out loud a few times until I heard the meaning... Isreal, Isreal, Isreal... Is real!

It reflects that some of my internal reality is not playful, not fun. I can't play because my (inner) kids will be in reality.

I'm OK with that and grateful for the amazingly peaceful emptiness that comes after a release of the old, which is what happened recently. Like a knot deep in my belly is untied. Actually this recent knot was smack dab in the middle of my forehead, just above the space between my eyebrows. This knot is unravelling although I am fortunate to have periods when the whole knot feels loosened and ready to fully unravel.

Well, on second thought, I am not OK with the notion that play and getting real are mutually exclusive. Time to try out something different. Just imagine -- life with reality is full of play! I like this, and I bet my horses will, too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is fascinating. Play and getting real being exclusive - I know that sense. I've never heard it put in such a way, but it really hits home. It's as if joy - that child like joy - can never come out of the adult side. That parts of us are segregated like the south used to be (and still is in some places).

You've given me so much to think about. Thank you!