Monday, December 22, 2008

Abstainin' from complainin'

Even the littlest complaints bring me down. Mine as well as those of others.

But gosh it's hard to refrain from complaining at times. I've been monitoring that, watching some bubbles of discontent rise to the surface and burst, splashing all around me.

I feel better when I manage what I can manage better than I have been. What can I manage? My eating, my sleeping, my exercising... my attitude.

I specifically committed to abstain from complaining a few days ago. A good idea. It set the tone to bring mindfulness back into my day-to-day activities. Especially those activities shared with my beloved and challenging RNB. It really is about me and what I do with stress. It really is not about any person or circumstance. I am the one who can change my attitude. My attitude is not dependent on what others are doing.

Is it easy? Not for me much of the time.

Is it worth the effort? As my mother used to say, "You betcha!"

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Merry Christmas to you and all your family and critters.

Kathy Baker said...

Good point Lasell, and also a good thing to be mindful of for the New Year!

Victoria Cummings said...

LJB - Hope you have a very happey New Year with little to complain about! Big hugs to you and your horses.