Thursday, June 12, 2008

My BS meditation

Painting more garage doors yesterday, I found myself focusing on BS for the afternoon.

Me? Focusing on BS?

Yup, me focusing on BS.

Breathe. Shoulders.

Breathe. Shoulders.

Breathe. Shoulders.

I breathe whether I think about it or not. However the focus on breathing, where the breath comes in my body, the depth, the pace -- the cadence and rhythm (!) -- of my breathing are important, and something I can control and attend.

My shoulders are here as part of my body regardless of what I do. However depending on where my mind is, their position changes. With my injury still healing, the position of my shoulders is important, and is often a matter of more pain, less pain, or no pain. With a delay in the pain factor (between position and resulting sensation), I want to develop a lasting habit of keeping my structure in proper place to replace my current habit of mind slips, shoulders rise.

I don't mind writing about this type of BS.

1 comment:

Victoria Cummings said...

LBJ - I've been so busy that I haven't been able to leave you a comment on all these insightful thoughts you've been having - but I've been thinking about them. Relaxed shoulders, fewer edges, walking meditation, counting the cadence - and you came up with my new mantra, "No hard feelings." Thanks!