Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Should I be ashamed?




I just reviewed the notes I took a year ago during a week of clinic time in TN with Harry Whitney. Everything I noted then, I heard again this year. Twice if I count what I heard in AZ in February with Harry.

Maybe I should memorize the notes I take so the concepts are more vivid in my mind?

Maybe I should stop taking notes so I can fool myself into thinking what I hear today I have never heard before?

Maybe I should accept that as a human with X number of years under her belt, I have to hear things more than once, heck, more than twice or thrice, before I internalize them and make a lasting change.

Because some things I learned this year are carrying over to what I'm doing now that I'm home, I'm confident that with those few things I've made a change and do not need my notes to jog my memory. In other words, some of this stuff glommed onto me this time!

1 comment:

Zinnia said...

I do this all the time. Every three months I rediscover the same things. I think it is the cycle of learning. You have to keep learning things to deepen them in yourself... or I do anyway.