Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What IS the attraction?










I went to see this Morgan gelding today. A horse I could take home if I chose. I am sort of looking for a solid riding horse for RNB. His current riding horse -- whom I love dearly -- had a foal injury that leaves his gait imbalanced. Happy and holding up well, but the odds are against his joints staying functional and painfree throughout his life.

This morgan is a handsome boy.

I am also mentally toying with the idea of taking in a lively pony I met today. I like a challenge and this pony would present a few.

So I wonder not so much about my attraction to some Morgan eye candy, but the attraction to a challenging horse.

2 comments:

Zinnia said...

Hey! we were just talking about this on the UDBB. Challenging and independent horses and dogs and spouses. Challenge= Life (to me). Do you like challenge in all creatures or just horses?

I think that if a lively pony chooses to work with you and not against you, you have built a relationship. If a docile sweet dull creature does what you ask, you have not built anything. You've just asked and maybe imposed yourself on that creature. Maybe?

Lasell Jaretzki Bartlett said...

I like challenges less and less, though I doubt I'll ever get to zero tolerance of a challenge.

I've expanded on this in a fresh blog entry... As ever, I enjoy the thoughts and feelings you stimulate when you write.