Friday, October 09, 2009

A few gems from Mark Rashid

I have no extensive clinic notes to add to my clinicnotes blog, because I was busy being present and soaking in the learning.

However, a few notes I took during this past clinic time with Mark Rashid and Crissi McDonald:

If we can take the worry out of one thing, then maybe we can take the worry out of other things. Start with one job and show him how to do it.

We're looking for a frame of mind.

We'll miss the softness if we're correcting; we won't if we're directing.


On the funny end of things, Mark commented about the conversation happening between a rider and her horse as they were working through something. He said the rider said, "We're going to trot now" and the horse responded with, "I like flying saucers."

Sound like any conversations you've had with your horse?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. My last trip was definitely a UFO-O - unidentified freaking out object...

Victoria Cummings said...

I love Mark's line about "if we can take the worry out of one thing, then maybe we can take the worry out of other things." That's so true. Lessening one anxiety can often make the others disappear, especially for Siete.