Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Naive

Recently I read where someone was criticized for having an amazing amount of naivety in their horsemanship, which got me thinking...

I want to be more naive!

What is amazing is how naive horses are, and what a challenge it is to become as naive as they are.

I looked up 'naive' in my Oxford American Dictionary:

"Naive, adj. showing a lack of experience or of informed judgment."

I can see where this could be considered a deficit, and I can see where this could truly be an advantage. Isn't it when we become childlike again that the wonders of the world are available to us? And "childlike" -- isn't that the fresh, open place, uncluttered by life's baggage?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if I want to be naive, maybe it wouldn't even apply if I could be without judgement. I have been trying to be in the present moment a lot more in my life, leaving the past and future for someone else to worry about :-).