Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

I just received an email that started like this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at smtp.fairpoint.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.


It is Mother's Day and I decided to send my mother an email. I'm not surprised it didn't reach her. She died almost four years ago and her email address no longer accepts messages. But I tried anyway.

Genuinely I am wanting to let her hear from me, once again, my gratitude. I told her while she was living. Perhaps in some transformed state she can accept this inflow of loving energy more than she could before she died. Too much belief in self-belittlement left too little room for the great amounts of caring offered her throughout her life. Offered her because she earned it with her attention and questions and enjoyment of hearing the minute details of other people's lives.

Thank you, Mom. I miss you.

No comments: